Now, folks, these answers are straight from his mouth, no filtering or editing was done--although maybe i should have, i just wanted to remember years from now exactly what he was thinking at age 5.
What would be the best day ever for you as an almost 5-year-old?
- "A day of playing all day long with my toys in my bedroom"
- "Playdoh Piano"
- "Play games on daddy's iPhone"
BooderBean are you full of Poop? (this was from Military Man's very best friend-our "Uncle Mike", who is currently deployed in Afghanistan-BooderBean just adores this man!!)
- "That is not a propriate word" (as he said with a scowl on his face, hahaha)
- "It is good"
- "Going to Big School and playing with my little brother"
- "That i get to chew bubble gum now"
- "I can touch the top of the counter at home now" (what??? he could touch the top of the counter at age 2)
What does your mommy do for a living?
- This is a 2 part answer as he didn't understand if the question was what does your mommy do OR what does she do for work. So he gave both:
"what does my mommy do? well at night i know that mommy lays in bed and watches TV and then falls asleep with it paused and then it's on night long because sometimes i get up in the middle of the night and she is asleep with the TV on, she does this because she is so tired i think" HAHA good job buddy, yes, mommy is tired isn't she :)
"what does my mommy do for work? She probably gets to work every day and gets a cup of coffee and then does her computer work" HAHA does he know his mommy or what!!
- Again with the 2 part answer:
"What does my daddy do for work? My daddy works for the Armory" notice he said FOR the Armory, not AT the Armory? HAHA
"What does my daddy do? Well daddy lets me play on his iPhone sometimes and he smokes cigarettes"--yup, that's right he said that..so this sparked a whole conversation for sure.
- "A cowboy that has a big farm and a construction worker"
- "How come I only get to keep one thing?" So I explained that if for some reason something happened and we only were able to keep one of his toys or something what would it be-he thought for only one second and then answered with tears in his big brown eyes "I would keep pig and home blanket" Home Blanket has been his blanket since he was only a few months old, and both stuffed pig and home blanket go literally everywhere we go!
- "Piano" i told him he could make something up if he didn't understand :)
- "To take care of the little brothers, I would do this by if there was a bad guy that came to the house, i would beat the bad guy up!"
- "That I love him!"
- "I have two, they are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Never land Pirates, can I watch a show now????"
- "I would go to a water park! I would take my brother, my mommy, and my daddy, oh and Maggie and Gunner. Oh wait--Maggie and Gunner can't swim, they are dogs, never mind"
- "Red and Blue"
- "Shrimp, of course, and orange juice and grape juice"
- "Jeans and boots, well Wranglers and boots"