Monday, July 12, 2010

my first BEAN

Age three is most definitely the most challenging age I think.  If I am wrong, and if it only gets worse, then let me be in the dark on this one for awhile. 

Military Man and I both think that BooderBean is destined to be a politician, the boy can argue and wheel and deal you out or into anything! And oh the questions he has too...it literally amazes me the things he comes up with to ask! We've had to deal with some pretty different things in his 3 years that most 3 year olds don't, so he has alot of experiences to ask questions about.  When BrotherBean was in the PICU at the hospital at 10 weeks old and was very very sick for a long time BooderBean never questioned any of it. Since then we have had 3 long hospital stays and things have been pretty scary a few times, but to BooderBean hospital life was just part of our life and just something that we did. So now when he asks random questions about it it catches other people off guard to hear such horrific questions come out of a child's mouth, but to us it's ok, it's just something he experienced that he now will have questions for for a long time.  And it is pretty cute to hear him ask the questions in the most matter-of-fact way. 

Another thing he has seemed to master lately is WAF (wild ass fits--as a dear friend has dubbed them when her daughter does the same).  And the acronym is so fitting because it literally is out of the blue, wild, crazy, and uncontrollable for a tiny bit.  They are happening quite frequently at our house but we have found a way to manage them and end them much quicker.  We have found that ignorance works wonders!  Until he starts to follow you around the house to get your attention still throwing a WAF! I'm sure in the moment I'm about to loose it, but afterwards it's just hilarious to me! It really is quite an entertaining scene! and KNOCK ON WOOD, they have only happened at home, never in public!

This cutie patootie little boy will be FOUR years old in just 3 and a half short months!  I have no idea where the time has gone!
(taken this morning on the way to school)

(taken on the Friday before 4th of July for before we headed out for school)

3 comments:

neta said...

Trevor was a fit thrower for a short time. We lovingly called him "fit boy". But it was a short lived stage and now he is a respectful, even tempered, young man. Ignoring him did the trick. Just keep up the good work!

kjanedesigns said...

I don't believe it... I don't believe it... I don't believe it. (while holding hands over my ears and closing my eyes). I will just not let myself believe that age THREE is worse than age TWO! :)
Besides, I'm looking at his sweet smiling face in those pictures and not believing a word you're saying about WAFs!

Biteofpunkinpie said...

Hang in there momma! Those fits are ridiculous and really do seem to come out of the blue... they are testing their limits (think of him as a scientist studying the psychology of family... "how mad and crazy do I have to act to get my way?"... and know that warmth, strength, discipline and a sense of humor are the best tools to get you through it all... and maybe a set of ear plugs)... and it will probably happen for a bit. But just like all of those fantastic questions he comes up with, he is just learning more and more how to interact with his world.

Can't believe he's about to be FOUR!!!!