Thursday, October 1, 2009

it won't get me down!

Military Man has got the flu!!!!! oh dear me...BooderBean and i cannot get sick, especially not when tomorrow is his THIRD birthday!!!

Let me just paint you all a pretty picture of how our evening went last night...
6:00 p.m.--Booderbean and I arrive home and get all geared up and excited to make his fire engine red birthday cuppycakes for him to take to his school friends today (he doesn't' go to school on his birthdays so we take them a day early)
6:40 p.m.--cupcakes are baking nicely in the oven, BooderBean has some grapes and apple juice and is settling in on our bed to read some books
7:00 p.m.--Military Man arrives home, BURNING UP, shaking, aching, grippy, grouchy, not a happy camper by any means.
7:20 p.m.--We all load up and head in to Mercy After Hours (the closest urgent care facility to our house) to hopefully get him feeling better. Poor guy was so sick he even took my snuggly pink blanket b/c it is the most comfy! that's how sick he was!
8:30 p.m.--finally get back into a room to be seen and get swabbed for the flu. Military Mans fever is at 103!!!!!!!!!!! so high for an adult! no wonder he feels so bad!
8:33 p.m.--Military Man about comes off the table with tears in his eyes because the nurse lady swabbed dang near up to his sinus cavity!!!
9:15 p.m.--Military Man is being treated for the flu, has a stock pile of meds sent to the pharmacy, has 3 doctors notes (he has Drill this weekend so he needs to get out of it!!), and a very tired and physically exhausted momma and BooderBean in tow
9:25 p.m.--get to pharmacy only to find out it will take 45 minutes to an hour to fill!!!! are you kidding me??? we don't' live in this town, what the heck am i supposed to do with these two guys for the next freaking hour???
9:30 p.m.--we arrive at McDonald's for a late night snack (or a meal in my case! haha) and then drive around so BooderBean can finally fall asleep!
11:00 p.m.--arrive home finally and get the two boys to their beds.
11:20 p.m.--crap! now i get to be Martha Stewart and make some fancy cupcakes so my baby boy can take them to school! let me just say...they turned out way cute!!!
12:40 a.m.--i hit the sack!
5:30 a.m.--stupid alarm clock goes off...up and at em time :)

But good news is his fever was down to 100 this morning, hopefully a day of rest will help him feel better! And Lysol will become my new very best friend!

3 comments:

kjanedesigns said...

Oh no!!! My fingers are crossed that you guys don't get the flu too!

greygillfish said...

Oh I am so sorry. I know you must be so tired and worn out. I will pray that you and the bean don't get it. Get well soon military man!

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=amor swf to video converter 2.5.0 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg