Monday, June 1, 2009

the chef of the house

Let it be known now that I am in no way, shape, or form, a Chef. And I honestly have no desire to be either. I like to cook my family good home cooked meals, but they are usually pretty basic and follow a recipe strictly. I am not one to put "a little of this, and a little of that" in a meal, i would have no clue what to put in it unless the recipe told me.

Now, military man on the other hand...is a freaking CHEF!!! The man can cook you up a gourmet tasting and very fancy looking meal out of nothing! We've had those nights where i think there's nothing in the house i can make for dinner, and out of the blue within the hour he's created this fancy meal!
So....last night when my 10:00pm craving hit and the baby and desperately needed a snack, and of course nothing sounded good, military man came to the rescue. it was hilarious, all i asked for was an apple with some peanut butter. I'm thinking a bowl with some pb and a sliced apple right...no no no, not for my hubby, THIS is what he brought me:




apple slices, glazed in honey with pb in the middle and powdered sugar sprinkled on top!
Ladies, i am one lucky gal!!!

2 comments:

greygillfish said...

YOU ARE VERY LUCKY! GOOD JOB MILITARY MAN!!!

Matt & Me Plus Three said...

YUMMY!!! I need Military Man to make his famous cheese burgers again...mmmmm! How cute is your belly in that picture, you can totally see it under the plate!!!